Farm & Garden Maintenance Technician – Orange County
After years of success in San Diego, Urban Plantations is expanding to Orange County in early 2016! We are looking for a Farm & Garden Maintenance Technician
to grow with us and help create a solid foundation in Orange County. This full-time Technician will work on both large and small properties, from privates residences to corporate farms, all across Orange County. This is not
an entry-level position. Candidates must
have working knowledge and experience with:
- Organic methods for gardening and farming
- Irrigation for in-ground beds, raised beds, and orchards
- Soil health practices and concepts
- Organically combating pests, diseases, fungi, bacteria, etc.
- Fruit and vegetable care: general health, planting, seeding, harvesting, spraying, etc.
- Orchard care: general health, planting, pruning/thinning, spraying, etc.
Further qualifications for a Technician:
- Proficient and comfortable using farm and garden tools such as shovels, pitchforks, wheelbarrows, sprayers, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Feel comfortable working outside doing physical farming activity for up to 8 hours per day
- Must have keen observation abilities and excellent attention to detail
- Must have daily guaranteed transportation, a cell phone, and a personal computer
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive work ethic
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Accurately and consistently maintain any administrative files that may include but are not limited to: logs, information sheets, shopping lists, and cost sheets via word processing and spreadsheet mediums
- Make purchases
- Maintain general garden, farm, tool, and workshop tidiness
These are a plus:
- Management experience
- Experience running a farm
- Experience with Google Drive, Docs, and Calendar
- Light construction skills
- Ownership of a large vehicle, such as a pickup truck
The Farm & Garden Maintenance Technician will play a pivotal role in the growth of Urban Plantations in Orange County, and will be provided as much support and opportunity as possible. Training will start immediately and will be conducted via video chat and at Urban Plantations’ San Diego headquarters, where you will learn the ins and outs of the company. Please note, any time and expenses incurred by training in San Diego will be covered.
Compensation: This position is FULL TIME for 24-40 hours/week. Pay based on experience.
We encourage all qualified applicants to email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email, and your favorite edible flower in the body of the email.